Best Panera Garden Vegetable Soup with Pesto Recipe
Panera Garden Vegetable Soup with Pesto Recipe | Could we just all agree that soup heals the body as well as the soul? I sense that soup when I’m sick or even if I’m having a bad day. Soup heals all, right? I eat soup all seasons long…regardless of how hot it is. I believe the craving for soup when I’m sick comes from my childhood, probably yours too right? My mother will make us a great chicken and rice soup when we had been sick.
I’ve been coping with some crazy medical concerns for the last few months. I wrote a bit about it when I shared these chicken wings. I ended up lacking an upper endoscopy but a bronchoscopy want . CT scan showed plenty of pneumonia happening around my lungs. Then 6 weeks ago, I ended up within the hospital.
Panera Garden Vegetable Soup with Pesto Recipe
I’ve a huge appreciation for nurses, nurses who go above and beyond every day. And I’ve a greater appreciation for the goals need to be the patient inside of a hospital. This was my first amount of time in the hospital and my first amount of time in an ER. You don’t know how it is until you feel it, it’s a type of things and unless you understand how to navigate pushing the button to achieve the nurses’attention, asking for medications including pain medications.
When I was within the hospital, they told me it might require a full sixty days before I would personally receive a definitive answer about what I have…on what was causing my persistent cough and trouble breathing. And now, we’re almost about 6 weeks in as well as the medications they provided are working. Thank heavens for that. Sorry if you are cagey about what I have…I probably will share once I buy word they’re 100% sure.
When Curtis involved home through the hospital after my bronchoscopy procedure, he went along to Panera to get soup and sourdough rolls for me. He came home with a cupful of of the /. Besides their broccoli cheddar soup, their garden vegetable soup is one of my top features!
It’s got a great deal of flavor and and it’s so soothing! I’ve been wanting to create a homemade or copycat version at home for a time now!
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- three 14-ounce cans vegetable broth (or 6 cups homemade)
- 1/2 cup pearled barley
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, peeled and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 red pepper, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces wax beans or green beans, ends trimmed and chopped into bite-sized pieces (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 16 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 28 ounce can Tuttorosso diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large swiss chard stems, remove stems and chop (about 2 cups)
- 2 small zucchini, diced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- store-bought or homemade pesto (optional, for serving)