White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe – These buttery cookies are full of creamy white chocolate chips, tart cherries and luscious macadamia nuts.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375° and position racks in the upper and lower thirds. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter with both sugars until pale and fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. At low speed, beat in the dry ingredients until just incorporated, then beat in the white chocolate, dried cherries and macadamias.
- Form the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and arrange them 2 inches apart on 2 large baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned; shift the baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.