How to Make Teriyaki Chicken with Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts, lightly pounded
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large Italian frying peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Steamed short-grain rice, for serving
- Inside a medium saucepan, combine the chicken stock using the soy sauce, sugar, mirin and sake and provide a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the high temperature to moderate and simmer before teriyaki sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup and syrupy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Inside a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of your oil. Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned through out and cooked through, 8 to 9 minutes. Transfer the chicken to the plate and let represent 5 minutes.
- Wipe out of the skillet. Add the rest of the 1 tablespoon of oil and warmth until shimmering. Add the pepper strips and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Transfer the peppers to plates. Slice the chicken breasts crosswise and transfer towards plates. Drizzle the teriyaki sauce on the chicken and serve with rice.
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken with Teriyaki Sauce |