How to Make Homemade Pop Tarts
How to Make Homemade Pop Tarts – These homemade strawberry pop tarts have tons of strawberry flavor, and you are able to top them with as many sprinkles as you prefer!
Homemade Pop Tarts
Homemade Pop Tarts Ingredients :
- 4 sticks unsalted butter (1 pound), cubed
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg
- 1 box (1-pound) confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles, for decorating
Homemade Pop Tarts Method / Directions :
- In a moderate dish, pitch the butter cubes with the 4 1/2 glasses of flour and the brown sugar. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a tiny dish, whisk the water with the vinegar and 2 1/2 teaspoons of the sodium until the sodium dissolves. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Move the flour mixture to a food processor. Pulse until the butter is in pea-size pieces. Drizzle in the vinegar water and pulse till damp particles form. Change the bread out onto a function area and rub gently after or twice. Jim the bread in to a 6-by-8-inch rectangle and then cut the bread in to quarters. Cover each fraction in plastic wrap and refrigerate till company, about 1 hour.
- In a tiny saucepan, mix the strawberries with the strawberry jam and the cornstarch slurry. Bring the filling to a boil around reduced heat, stirring frequently. Boil for just two minutes, stirring constantly. Take away the saucepan from the warmth and great the filling at room temperature for 20 minutes, then refrigerate till extensively cooled, about 40 minutes longer.
- Range two baking blankets with parchment paper. On a gently floured function area, throw out fraction of the chilled bread to a 9-by-10-inch rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the bread in to six 3-by-5-inch rectangles. Move the rectangles to one of the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- In a tiny dish, gently overcome the egg with 2 tablespoons of water. Comb 12 of the rectangles with the egg clean and spread 1 tablespoon of the strawberry filling out the middle of each one, leaving a 1/2-inch edge completely around. Top with another rectangle of dough. Press the edges to seal and crimp with a floured fork. Prick the very best of every pop tart once or twice with a fork. Refrigerate until the bread is company, 20 minutes.
- Preheat the stove to 350° ;.Make the pop tarts in the centre and lower thirds of the stove for 35 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown; change the pans from top to base and front to right back halfway through baking. Move the pop tarts to a holder and great completely.
- Make the icing In a moderate dish, whisk the confectioners’sugar with the milk, vanilla and the remaining 1/4 tsp sodium till smooth. Spread 2 tablespoons of the icing on each cooled pop tart and decorate with the sprinkles prior to the icing sets.
- The pop-tart bread and filling may be chilled individually overnight. Let the bread soften slightly before moving it out. The cooked and decorated pop tarts will keep in airtight pot at room temperature for 3 days.
Tags : homemade pop tarts,pop tarts nutrition facts,calories in pop tarts,cookies and cream pop tarts,pop tart nutrition label,how to make homemade pop tarts,pop tarts chocolate chip,pop tarts chocolate fudge,ted’s bulletin pop tarts,pop tarts peanut butter,pop tarts brown sugar cinnamon,strawberry pop tart recipe,pop tart nutritional information,healthy pop tart recipe,s mores pop tart nutrition,blueberry pop tart calories,pop tarts strawberry milkshake,homemade pop tarts recipe